How to Choose the Right Auto Body Shop
Auto Body Shop
Finding a trusted auto body shop is extremely important in maintaining the health of your vehicle and minimizing unnecessary automobile expenditures. Take these factors into consideration before choosing your go-to mechanic:
- One of the best places to go for information you can trust is your circle of friends. Ask them what body shop they have used in the past and how satisfied they were. Referrals are a great way to identify quality shops.
- Read online reviews. There are numerous online sites that allow customers to weigh in on their experience.
- Contact your local consumer organization and find out if there have been any complaints made against a particular shop and how the complaints were resolved.
Shop qualifications. Visit the auto repair shop and:
- Ask how long they have been in business.
- Find out if they often handle your vehicle make and model.
- Check out the walls for awards and certificates of advanced work training, such as from I-CAR and ASE.
Shop conditions. While you are making your preliminary visit, do a visual assessment as to how clean and well-organized it is and see if they have modern equipment.
Warranty policy. Find out the body shop’s warranty policy. If they don’t provide a lifetime warranty, ask why.
Parts. It is best to opt for a body shop that uses original factory auto parts rather than aftermarket or used parts as it is better for your car
Avoid choosing solely on price. By opting for the lowest priced provider, you may be sacrificing expertise, thoroughness and, in some cases, honesty.
It is best to start the auto repair body shop selection process before you are in need of repair. This allows you to take your time and weigh your options. Once selected, you can keep your chosen shop with your list of emergency numbers. You never know when you will need it.
Griffin Auto Care, Inc. is a full-service automotive repair and body shop. From routine maintenance to complete collision repair to custom fabrication & accessories, we service all brands and will treat your car with the utmost care and professionalism. To make an appointment for your car, please contact Griffin Auto Care or call 561-659-0765.